Saturday, October 30, 2010

8. The Chocolate Fish Cafe, Shelley Bay - 27 October 2010

Was on the way to Scorching Bay beach, which is one of my favourite spots in Wellington, to take advantage of the good weather. V seemed to be getting hungry so I stopped for at the Chocolate Fish cafe in Shelley bay.

It's a great place! There are a lot of positives to mention about the cafe.

There is plenty of space inside and outside. There's even a courtyard that's sheltered from the wind-very handy in Wellington. The courtyard also has a kids play area. The front yard is spacious and bean bags are provided-great for a nice summer day. Sunscreen and sunhats are available for use.

I had the fresh fish sandwich ($10) and the flat white ($4). All coffee is served in disposable cups, which some people may find a bit off putting ( and it can fly off in the wind!). The coffee was very good and strong. The sandwich was very good. The fish and salad were both fresh and the fish was cooked perfectly at the barbeque. My only gripe I guess would be about the quantity;  I would've liked a larger sandwich for $10.

The facilities for kids are top notch. A high chair was provided for V and after he was done eating, some toys were brought over-great service! There's a change table as well. For bigger kids, free pedal cars are provided. Well, I had a go on one as well! Probably not advisable for grown ups. I went again with the big kids and they loved the place.

The staff were wonderfully friendly. They were great with V and interacted with him when they could-a great touch.

Overall, I'd definitely go there again and recommend it to parents and non-parents especially on a sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment